Thursday, March 3, 2011

Poking and prodding

So as many of you know I'm in my second to last semester of school (WHOOOOO!) studying medical assisting. I thought I'd share a little post with my thoughts about it, so you all can learn the joys of my daily life.

First of all, I LOVE this program! It has been soooo cool to be able to learn all of these special skills and techniques. I was really kind of nervous before the semester started, because I knew needles would be involved and I just wasn't sure how much I trusted people to practice poking me. However, I love my class mates and its so cool that we all get to learn together. It has done a lot for my confidence to be in this class. At the beginning of the semester, the very first time we used the needles, my hand was shaking so bad I almost dropped the syringe, which I'm sure did nothing to help the girl whose arm I was approaching with it.

Now just a few weeks later, I'm able to draw blood! Successfully! Yeah, it still hurts to be on the receiving end of the practice, but it wouldn't be very fair for me to never experience the things that I'll be expected to do to patients. I know this isn't the most exciting post for most of you to read, but I had to share my feeling of accomplishment with SOMEONE, right? :)

Oh, and by the way, only 6 more weeks until the baby is due!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment